To remain competitive in today’s online landscape, you need to adapt to the rapidly evolving changes in digital marketing. These innovative digital marketing trends are among the highest priorities for many business owners in 2022.
Simply put, a chatbot is a service powered by logic and sometimes uses artificial intelligence that you simply interact with via a chat user interface. This technology uses instant messaging to communicate in real-time with your customers or website visitors and ranges from functional to fun like Facebook Messenger, Slack, Telegram, Text Messages, etc.
Chatbots has many different applications such as:
- Customer service chatbots: Plenty of companies are using chatbots because the first contact point when customers need help. Local examples include Etislat, du etc.
- E-commerce chatbots: Retail companies and telecommunication providers use chatbots as a further interaction channel with their customers. The bot is intended to steer customers through a linear process flow to complete requests or transactions. A local example is noon.com
- Virtual assistant chatbots: Personal assistants like Siri, Cortana and Alexa have risen in popularity as their benefits have become readily available and easily embedded into the daily life of consumers. People use them to quickly retrieve information, schedule appointments and interact with smart home features.
When it involves selling products and services online. Text-based content simply can’t compete with the ability of video.
Video marketing is amongst most significant marketing trends today and will certainly continue to be for the next decade.
Video is being consumed more than ever with users watching more than 1 billion hours of video each day on YouTube. And about 81% of businesses use video as a digital marketing tool in 2022 — up from 63% over the last year.
Biteable has great statistics on this:
- 92% of users watching video on mobile will share it with others.
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video, compared to 10% when reading it in text
- 72% of businesses believe video content has improved their conversion rates.
By far, video is the most popular way customers want to learn about new products.
3. Live Streaming
Apart from video marketing, live streaming could be a powerful method of digital marketing when combined with influencer marketing. Whether it is the new generation of social media influencers or traditional sources, like celebrities, athletes, and musicians, having a live stream with an influencer who is interacting directly with comments can have a huge impact in drawing audiences.
4. Interactive & Immersive Content
Interactive content is anything that people can click on, swipe, or interact with such as:
- Quizzes and polls
- Augmented reality
- 360-degree videos
These formats leverage cutting-edge marketing technology, like augmented reality and video content, to offer people a more immersive, engaging experience. This helps create memorable and fun content from brands and keeps consumers connected to the company.
5. Omnichannel Marketing
Omnichannel marketing is the practice of promoting your business across multiple platforms, including email, apps, social media, and your website blog. This approach enables businesses to connect with customers on more digital touchpoints, effectively offering a better user experience.