The official verdict is out as TikTok is bringing ads to the search results. In TikTok ads manager you are likely to come across the “ Search ads Toggle”. This newly incorporated feature leverages advertisers in the existing in-feed creative to serve ads along with organic video search results from relevant queries. TikTok search ads are no longer a stand-alone product, rather it is an extension of TikTok ad buy.
Why it holds relevance
There are around 100 million active users in the US of TikTok. This means that there is an enormous opportunity for your brand or business to be found. Google has gone on to acknowledge that TikTok is a genuine threat to their search results. The ads on TikTok have evolved at a considerable level in the last few years. In spite of the ban on the platform, TikTok doubled its share of the digital market by 2022.
How it works
The ads on TikTok will have a sponsored label as they can appear in different forms on the search results page.
- User intent( as understood from the search query)
- Broader learnings from the user behaviour
- A typical TikTok search ad starts with a user clicking on the search button at the top of the For You feed. From there they zero in on a search query that then yields a series of search results. The search results include the advertisements. When a user clicks on one of the search advertisements, TikTok’s in-feed experience is replicated in the ad. At the same time, the users are able to scroll through the search results in the order they appear on the page.
Do you think TikTok ads are suitable for all businesses?
TikTok is suitable for all businesses but it is not suited for all of them. TikTok ads are suitable for businesses that are looking for a large and engaged audience. The figures point in the direction that TikTok search ad is one of the best platforms for user engagement. The best part is that the majority of the users on this platform are below 30 years. If your target is the young audience, then you should be running TikTok campaigns right now.
The reasons to opt for TikTok advertising
Below are some of the reasons to place ads on TikTok
- The TikTok ads are dominated by the Generation Z audience- it is a well-known fact that most of the users on TikTok belong to the Z audience. This group of consumers makes up 40% of all consumers worldwide and is expected to have $360 billion in disposable income. The business environment is projected to change as a result of this huge demographic transition as businesses try to adapt their business and sales tactics to successfully attract and engage this younger generation of clients.
- The user engagement rate is high on TikTok- The average monthly time that one spends on TikTok has grown substantially in comparison to any other app of late. This research along with the recent statistics showcase that TikTok users are engaged audiences. The more engaged a user is the better advertising outcomes for the brand.
- TikTok users expand the reach of your video content- Video marketing is on the rise and do not expect it to slow down any time soon. Close to 93 % of the brands are of the opinion that they have landed a new customer due to their video on social media. You can reach a larger target audience by using more of TikTok’s native video editing features.
- There are different ad formats encouraging engagement- The best part about TikTok search ads is that there are different ad formats. It can be in the form of top ad views, in-feed ads, or branded hashtag challenges. The use of these formats fosters better engagement among the users.
- TikTok ads help in reaching out to an international audience- in 75 different languages, TikTok is available in 154 countries. If a business operates internationally TikTok helps in reaching out to an audience via the international route.
Why it is necessary to create a TikTok ads account
Every marketing account that is on the web has a simple conclusion. You need to gain a substantial follower base and brand enhancement. These people are known to trust your brand as a go-to option in purchasing the products that you are offering. In order to undertake TikTok search ads at an independent level the company should allow you to reach a substantial number of customers and receive traction. Below are some of the advantages of having a TikTok account
- It requires less amount of time to get followers. Growing a fan base takes time that trims down the marketing dollars in the long run.
- It enhances engagement. When you are creating marketing campaigns the leads tend to be highly optimized allowing leads to reach out to higher engagement rates. You are likely to obtain more followers and shares from these followers. More the levels of engagement leads to higher brand awareness and conversions.
- To conclude TikTok search ads is becoming the advertisement platform for various reasons. The reasons are higher user engagement with a substantial user base. It ensures that it turns out to be an ideal option for companies who are looking to target the younger generation and the international market. The need of the hour is to understand the benefits of TikTok ads ad then you can leverage its full potential. You also need to be aware of how TikTok future generation works as you can reach out with prospects and customers. Hence, they will be able to collect their data directly on the in steam ads on the platform.
For more such blogs, Connect with GTECH.
Publications, Insights & News from GTECH